Pistol Smith Forum banner
1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
3,831 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It's here.........

Built as requested, to spec, for the end user. Owner is on list, maybe he'll comment on the process that got it this far. Proof's in the shooting and that will come shortly for him. I already know :wink:

More pictures (and better ones) in the morning :grin:

G.P. Johnson the creator of 1*? Who ever did, I hope they will forgive my using the name :smile: Certainly fits in this case.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Dane Burns on 2001-08-11 15:37 ]</font>

·
Registered
30 Posts
Very nice Dane :smile:

The "Wave" looks very good on a Kimber.
It really matches the way they cut the slide serations

If my 1991 didnt aready have stippling done on the frontstrap, I would deffinately have you do the "Wave" on it

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: EIGHTYDUECE on 2001-08-08 00:41 ]</font>

·
Registered
30 Posts
does it really grip as good as 30LPI checkering or stippling?

It sure looks more ergonomic for carry use, no snag is nice.

·
Registered
3,831 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
No joke, the WAVE is way better than 30 lpi and closer to 25lpi in grip....no stimpling is comparable, short of Jim Clarks' original shark's tooth.

The WAVE is weird stuff but no question it works for many things that checkering does not. All the grip textures have a place, from 20lpi checkering on down. There are lots of better things now, Ned's Conamids, Heinie's Scallops and the WAVE are good options for concealed carry guns or extreme hard use guns.

This gun has been fine matte black parkerized, a full reliabilty package, Heinie 8s, Brown thumb safety, CMC trimmed CMC grip safety, Colt slide release and recoil system, flush crowned barrel, a carry melt, beveled mag well, BCP tool steel trigger set on a Vedecki solid. Of course it has the WAVE and BCP African Blackwood grips that have been hand melted.

I appreciate the comments, thank you!

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Dane Burns on 2001-08-08 03:58 ]</font>

·
Registered
3,831 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
You're too easy :grin:

BCP should be a given!

ONE (1) asked to risk (*)

It's a COP thing :roll:

I always thought LE was a volunteer organization for the most part, but the "1*" is kinda catchy :grin:

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Dane Burns on 2001-08-08 01:45 ]</font>

·
Registered
350 Posts
I acutally thought it was "One Ass to Risk".
But it works either way.

Jake

·
Registered
3,831 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Hey Jake! I hear it explained to the public as "asked". As you get the hand on the back in the stack it's usually mumbled as "ass" :grin:

·
Registered
628 Posts
Dane,

If I were to purchase every nice looking gun of yours that you have posted here, I'd be about 100,000 in debt :smile:

I really like this one too :grin:

·
Registered
3,831 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
If I were to purchase every nice looking gun of yours that you have posted here, I'd be about 100,000 in debt :lol:
Don't feel bad :grin: I REALLY like cool guns. Between Heinie, Garthwaite, Vickers, Ned Christiansen, Krebs, Wetstein, Swenson and my own, think how I feel!

But thank you for the compliment, I really appreciate it. It IS still fun! There isn't a day that goes by that I don't get to talk to someone I would like to call a new friend. It can't get any better!

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Dane Burns on 2001-08-08 03:14 ]</font>

·
Registered
988 Posts
Beautiful. Wow, can't wait to get my hands on it.

WHAT????? What do you mean it's not mine!?!? Well %#@&%^()*%, %@$#^&+, *&^(^&^$#%^[email protected]!#%^.

I must say though, between JackB's beautiful pistola, Alessi's purty one, that series of 10mm's that has gone out, and this one...I am beginning to feel left out. Maybe it is time for me to threaten another deposition, Rupert? :lol:

Seriously, congrats to whoever owns that piece...I know it will become a trusted friend in short order.

·
Registered
210 Posts
Again Dane, very nice work.

Man, I'm still torn between the Wave and the vertical serrations. I don't really need extra firm traction, so I'm sure the serrations would work fine for me.
The Wave is cool though.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Dane-

If your client does not mind and it is not a breech of professional ethics could you tell us how much the work done on this particular piece costs? Also...it sounds like this gun started life as your Fed Package with some upgrades...is this the case?

BTW.....beautiful work....ive been waiting to see one of your guns with a parkerized finish....great job.

Thanks in advance and take care

nick

·
Registered
136 Posts
I second that. I loooove park'd guns. With all the funny trouble with these so called "wonder finishes," I often tell myself that my next black 1911 will be parkerized.

But, maybe I just need to put some miles on good teflon gun to get that perspective (like Walter Birdsong's Black T). Heck, it's a good excuse to get one more black pistol before I get the black over silver two tone that I've been lusting for....

This site is not good for my retirement investing.

1 - 20 of 37 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.