Pistol Smith Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
988 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Took delivery on 3 more grip jobs by Dane Burns this week.

As usual in dealing with Dane, everything went smooth as glass. The turn around on these jobs is fantastic...my pistols were gone a little over a week. Had Heinie Straight 8 night sights put on them to boot.

The workmanship on these grips is boring only because I know Dane's obsession with perfect jobs. Absolutely no flaws. The pistols point straight [now], seem like they are glued to your hand, and when you pull it up all you see is the perfect little 8's.

Thanks Dane

·
Registered
35 Posts
I'll second that.

I had a G19 that the slide would draw blood on the meat of my hand. I sent it to Dane and now it doesn't bite, points much more naturally and is one of my favorites.

·
Registered
705 Posts
Bruce,

Could you explain the grip reduction. I currently own 5 Glocks (21, 23, 27, 30, & 35). I like a 45's but the grips just don't suit me quite as well as the 40's. Its like they are just a little two big.

Tim

·
Registered
988 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yes. That "hump" in the back is a goner when Dane gets ahold of it. The grip, overall, is much more 1911-hand friendly, and re-textured to make it a real easy thing to grab and keep ahold of.

Go to Dane's site and check out his pics. Better yet, call him up. He gives a discount on multiple guns, which is why I sent him a group.

·
Registered
705 Posts
I've been to Dane's site many times. What would actually be nice is finding someone in my area that has a grip reduction. Like I said before, the .40's feel right. The Glock 45's (21,30) feel just a little big in my hand (close, but just not quite right). That being said I shoot them quite a bit and actually do far do my best with the 35 and 21.

Tim

·
Registered
988 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Well, if you are in the Indiana area, you are welcome to come shoot these Glocks for as long as you like :smile: Hell, I need the 10mm brass anyway...I will even give ya some ammo.

·
Registered
705 Posts
On 2001-07-19 00:40, Bruce wrote:
Well, if you are in the Indiana area, you are welcome to come shoot these Glocks for as long as you like :smile: Hell, I need the 10mm brass anyway...I will even give ya some ammo.
Could be, pardon any spelling problems but the family is suppose to be in the Indianapolis area in the fall or early spring (cannot get anyone to make up their mind) visiting an uncle that lives in the area. If you are any where close to that area, send me an e-mail and I'll contact you when the plans are finalized. I bring what little I have and will tear up sound ground.

Tim

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.