Pistol Smith Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I noticed that Dane has a blurb on BCP Grip and Thumb Safeties on his Best Grade Guns page at burnscustom.com.

Can you fill us in on these Dane?

Lars

·
Registered
3,831 Posts
I had a limited number of grip safeties and ambi thumb safeties made to my specs. They are only avaibale on full house guns from my shop currently. I suspect they will be available to the public as an after market in the future.

I need to recoup my investment on the "BCP ignition system" before I start another retail project :grin:

·
Registered
170 Posts
Anything particularly different about these safties? Also, about not using night sights, is it an aesthetic thing? Or because they are perishable? (That blued Kimber/Caspian is the nicest looking 1911 I have ever seen.)

·
Registered
3,831 Posts
Anything particularly different about these safties?
I was tired of always having to modify the safeties I do for the guns I am building. So I had them made to my spec. Of course I think they are better :grin: or I wouldn't have bothered to have them made or for that matter make them differently by hand when I build a custom gun.

Also, about not using night sights, is it an aesthetic thing? Or because they are perishable?
Not aesthetic at all. I make money selling night sights. I like making money :grin: From my own experience I don't think they are needed on a self defense gun. That said from the experience of pointing a 1911 at several 1000 people in all sorts of conditions.

My biggest deterent is any nite sights life span, which is always under 10 years. On the best grade guns I want the gun to endure "as is" from my shop with nothing more than regular cleaning and spring replacement for a hundred years or so.

(That blued Kimber/Caspian is the nicest looking 1911 I have ever seen.)
Thanks very much. I would agree :wink: The level of metal detailing is quite high and very labor intensive. It is simple gun with a lot of work on the details. Not everyone can appreciate the nuances. The stainless Series 80 is another but not a "best grade" gun per say just the same simple design and lots of extra detail work done it.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Dane Burns on 2001-10-22 21:47 ]</font>

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.