Pistol Smith Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Now I've done it the wife caught me looking at some of the beautiful work Dane does to Kimbers and wanted to know what he has done for a Lady's gun. I saw a refrence to the Slim Line Kimber he did. Dane do you, or does any one else have a photo of this. Guess I might be have to get two guns done by Dane. It's great when the wife is a gun nut too, an she won't shoot anything but 1911 :smile:

Robert

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: 1911Freak on 2001-11-04 00:08 ]</font>

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: 1911Freak on 2001-11-04 00:09 ]</font>

·
Registered
3,831 Posts
Mas Ayoob did a piece on my slim line guns called "Classy Custom Classics" in the COMPLETE BOOK OF HANDGUNS last year. You can read his article sans pictures on the "press coverage" section on http://www.burnscustom.com

They are designed specifically for small hands.

My lovely wife has one herself :grin:

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
My wife and I read the article and since she has small hands she'd probably benifit from having something like this done to her Kimber. Could you possibly post a picture of one?

Thanks

Robert

·
Registered
16 Posts
I have a pistol that Richard Heinie made especially for me. My pistol has the Heinie Mag Well as well as McCormick Slim Grips. It fits in my hand perfectly! I don't know what he did but the front to back dimension of the pistol is definately smaller than my other 1911s. I do have a long trigger because although my hand is small, I have longer fingers (I used to play the flute) so the pad just touches were it should. I have 30 LPI checkering on the front strap that helps me keep a tight grip on it while I'm shooting and of course, I wouldn't shoot anything without Heinie sights.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.