Pistol Smith Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just picked up my bear today but... the TRS'slide does not seem to go forward each time the gun is being fired (because the safety cannot be engaged). Each time I get a misfire, I would have to push the slide forward to lock it. Each time after doing so, the gun fires the round with no problem.
Any suggestion would help me...

· Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The TRS does not go into full battery except at the first round. I get a "misfire" every 10-12 shots, although during the firing process the gun does not sit in full battery at all (because the safety cannot be engaged during the firing after the first round). When it "misfires", I have to give it a push.
I am thinking it might a combination of tighness and the gun being dirty. I hope after cleaning it tonight, it will perform well tomorrow.
Please let me know if you are having similar problems....

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: 1911dude on 2001-05-04 19:33 ]</font>

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: 1911dude on 2001-05-04 19:35 ]</font>

· Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thank you for all your responses.... I have shot 150 rounds so far (which still is within the process of breaking the gun in as I understand it). I will put another 500-600 rounds down the range. If the problem still persists, I will change the spring and then call Bear customer service.
Although I tend to agree with Gyp_c2 (after all this gun does cost a small fortune!!!) I want to use up my alternatives first.

· Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Well, cleaned the TRS really good last night and headed back to the range this morning. I guess all it needed was just a bit of cleaning because it performed flawlessly.... Thanks guys.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.