Pistol Smith Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
407 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am attempting to install an Ed Brown Beaver tail for the first time. I put the .250 radius jig and filed the frame to match the contour perfectly. The beavertail fit in and I pushed the safety pin in to hold it in place.
My question is: what other areas need to be fitted to make the tail move freely? It is not rubbing on the radius, I checked with black marker. Is it the bottom that needs to be filed? Or the trigger bow stop?

Thanks guys,
Shay

·
Registered
407 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi Shane, the trigger was out. I painted the beavertail all around with black marker and found out it was the sides that where rubbing on the frame. I took care of that and was going to assemble the new internals when i lost the hammer strut pin! guess i'll have to wait till monday and get a new pin.
the beavertail came out pretty good for a first time . i will post pictures when its all polished from tool marks and then bead blasted for that coooool grey color.
so far i'm really enjoying this new hobby.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.