·
Registered
3,831 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Before..

AFTER

Comments Counselor? You taking bids on this one :grin:

Heinie Slant Pro Straight 8s
CMC high grip beavertail tuned for ultimate reliability.
Stainless extended thumb safety, hand cut.
Wilson stainless slide stop
Wilson stainless pin set
Tool steel hammer, BCP sear and disconnector @ 3.5#
Vedecki trigger
Brown 30 lpi stainless main spring housing, fit and blended to frame.
Beveled mag well
Recut the ejection port
Flush crown on the barrel
Machined Stainless match bushing, fitted Melt on the entire gun and bead blast finish with highly polished slide flats.
Serrate the rear of the slide
Fit and adjust a Wilson extractor
Hogue presentaion and hand cut Tulip wood grips.
Colt recoil system with buff and 18# spring.

The rest was done by Kimber :grin:

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Dane Burns on 2001-06-25 22:52 ]</font>

·
Registered
407 Posts
Very nice! I think I know who that gun belongs to :smile:
so whats left from the kimber except the frame & slide? Nice smooth cut of the ejection port! a special BCP touch.

Shay- "The video conspiracy guy" :lol:

·
Registered
3,831 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Very nice!
Thank you conspiracy guy :grin: But what exactly do you mean by that :lol:

So what's left from the Kimber except the frame & slide?
Frame, slide, barrel, mag release, grip screws, firing pin and stop, hammer strut, mainspring housing pins and cap, plunger tube assembly. I suspect you could get a great deal on the left over parts :grin:

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Dane Burns on 2001-06-25 23:14 ]</font>

·
Registered
3,831 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
No, it's not pinned, just cut in a couple of ways to make it disengage for ultimate reliability.......

Hint :grin: When you cut a beavertail it is a perfect match to the frame when it is in a down or desengaged position. As you can see in the picture it doesn't mate well with the frame in the "up" position.

If it were pinned you would see how well it was mated to the frame :wink:

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Dane Burns on 2001-06-25 23:18 ]</font>

·
Registered
3,831 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Does it touch the trigger bow AT ALL in ANY position? :wink:
You are a MEAN man, Shane :lol:

The grip safety will stop the trigger in ANY position if te beavertail is not touched. A tiny bit of pressure and it will disengaged for any hand, maybe even mine. You want pictures on how I do that?

Send me your gun and $150 :grin:

·
Registered
1,610 Posts
You know I'm just razzin' ya! :grin:

Seriously though - is the ejection port lowered more, or just melted a bit? I can't really tell from the before picture if it has been lowered.

·
Registered
3,831 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
You know I'm just razzin' ya! :grin:
We ARTISTS must rise above the normal slings and arrows of the great unwashed :grin:

If you must annoy me and know such trivial details :wink: the ejection port is recut, front and back, but not lowered.

·
Registered
988 Posts
A litigator who can't think of anything to say.... :grin:

This is like taking the old car to the shop for a tune up and returning to have the keys to a 911tt tossed to you, with your name on the tags. Man, a simple "thanks" just doesn't fit.

On a serious note, this pistol should tell everyone a little something about Dane. I sent it to him and simply asked for him to build the pistol he would carry if he only had a 1911 and he knew he was going to a fight. He didn't flinch a bit at the request, just asked if I wanted to be kept updated on the progress, or called when it was finished.

No, Dane, I won't be taking bids on this one. If I am continued to be blessed it will pass to my kids, with a story about one helluva pistolsmith that I was proud to call a friend...who built it way back in 2001 :smile:

Thanks, it is a beauty.

·
Registered
988 Posts
Now wait just a gall-danged minute here. Who said anything about Dane *charging* for work or parts? It was my understanding when I sent him the pistol [pursuant to paragraph 97(A)(3)(i)(a)(ii) of the "work performance contract", Dane, you know, that little booklet you signed that evening you were drinking?] that this was experimental work to be performed by Dane, with the only charge being a small rental fee to be paid to me upon completion of said work for the time the pistol was in his possession. I can't imagine the rental fee will exceed $10k-$12k...although it just might.

There is obviously some cornfusion here!! :grin:

Short answer Gonzo, I haven't got the bill yet.

·
Registered
3,831 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Very handsome Pistol indeed, looks like there is a difference in tone ( which I like ) between the slide and frame..?
Gun is the same texture, matte finished, on the entire gun, except for the slide flats which were hand polished. Hard to see all the cosmetic detail in the pictures.

Costs were $1380 for parts and labor. Time? 5 days. Wait? Several months. Of course since Bruce is a multiple BCP owner I charged him more and made him wait longer than normal. After all he didn't REALLY need another pistol :grin: I did throw in a copy Twight's book though so it would seem a bargin :roll:

·
Registered
934 Posts
On 2001-06-26 09:54, Bruce wrote:
Now wait just a gall-danged minute here. Who said anything about Dane *charging* for work or parts? It was my understanding when I sent him the pistol [pursuant to paragraph 97(A)(3)(i)(a)(ii) of the "work performance contract", Dane, you know, that little booklet you signed that evening you were drinking?] that this was experimental work to be performed by Dane, with the only charge being a small rental fee to be paid to me upon completion of said work for the time the pistol was in his possession. I can't imagine the rental fee will exceed $10k-$12k...although it just might.
Dang lawyers! :roll:

·
Registered
262 Posts
Wow, this pistol is a real sweetie. Dane, what's the difference between this treatment and the Kimber Fed package?

I'll be sending you my Classic Royal here shortly. I was thinking the Fed package, but what you've done here is gorgeous.

Chad

·
Registered
988 Posts
Mute...there will be a knock at your door soon, go ahead and get it...just a subpoena...any more remarks? :lol:

There is one mistake in my post from last night. I did request night sights on this pistol, and I don't believe Dane normally has them on his pistols. My BCP .45 and 9x23 do not have them, thought I would check out the Heinie 8's on this one.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.