Pistol Smith Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
262 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone have any experience with belly bands? I've been considering alternate methods of backup carry, and the belly band looks like a versatile, concealable doo-dad.

Hints, tips, advice?

Chad

·
Registered
48 Posts
Things I've learned about belly bands:

1) Slimmer folks can wear them around their bellies like IWB holsters, but don't expect to carry anything too heavy.

2) They CAN tend to shift around and roll over on themselves and generally be very uncomfortable.

3) They CAN work well when worn around the torso just below the chest.

4) Ya either love 'em or ya hate 'em.

·
Registered
262 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hmmm, hadn't considered wearing it higher up. I was thinking along the lines of a j-frame in appendix position as a backup. As for "slimmer folks," well, that lets me out. At 'bout 5'10" (barely) and 210, the kids call me The Mailbox (think of the blue public boxes and you'll get the idea) :roll:.

Chad

·
Registered
48 Posts
Just being "big" isn't so much of a factor as having "rolls".

Have you thought about the Barami hip-grip? I use them exclusively on my J-frames. A non-canted clip-on holster might be something to think about, also.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Can they be worn effectively in the approximate location that a shoulder holster would be worn? If so, you would have to reach inside your shirt or do a very high Hackathorn (Sp.) to make the presentation.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.