Pistol Smith Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all:

I've looked in a number of places and it's probably right under my nose, but I can't find the size of the belt slot for an Alessi ACP. Does anyone know if it's 1.25" or 1.50"?

Thanks in advance for any help.

·
Registered
3,831 Posts
A very tight 1.5". Lou only builds the ACP and the Heinie DOJ with the same loop and many folks (though not me) use either with 1.25 belts.

·
Registered
849 Posts
Our default belt slot size is 1-1/2", but we make that dimension tight so that a 1-1/4" belt will also work. I usually wear a 1-1/4" belt, and I've never had a problem with the size of the slots in our holsters. I don't make them special for myself either, I don't have the time... :grin:
Rupert keeps me too busy! What the hell day is it anyway??
Luigi

Edited for stupid spelling mistakes!_________________
Alessi Holsters, Inc.
You'll never know it's there, until you need it..

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Louis F. Alessi on 2001-10-17 22:49 ]</font>

·
Registered
126 Posts
Here's a suggestion for those of you who occasionally find yourselves wearing a holster with 1 1/2" belt slots and trousers with 1 1/4" loops. I have found that Filson's #205 Double Belt has enough thickness to make up for it's lack of width, and provides a nice snug fit. I use one frequently when wearing my Burns/Alessi GWH with khakis.

Another one of Filson's products that you might want to look at is their #820 Moleskin Vest. It's long enough to give good coverage with an IWB rig, Dressy enough to wear with slacks, yet casual enough to wear with jeans. Probably less noticeable than a photographers/travel vest.

Believe me folks, I ain't exactly what you'd call fashion conscious :grin: but both these products work for me and you can't beat Filson's quality. http://www.filson.com

·
Registered
149 Posts
I have good belts 1.5" wide and they are a little thick. Buying a holster for a 1.5" belt and finding the holster won't fit is pure hell! In my opinion if you order a holster for a certain size belt it should fit. It is an expensive issue for people to say oh well I will just go out and buy another belt. Been through that and don't like it one bit. As to being tight, my recent purchase of a holster was so tight there was no way I could even start the belt through the loops. Just my opinion and not knocking anyone's fine products.

·
Registered
849 Posts
Forty Five, You're absolutely right, but most times people don't specify the belt width when ordering a holster. When the customer does in fact tell us that he has a think belt of a certain width, we make sure that the loops or slots will fit. In our case, we make our loops or slots to fit 1.5 because that is the most common size belt people use when carrying guns, but a sturdy 1.25" belt will also work with no appreciable loss in function of the holster.
Lou

·
Registered
262 Posts
On 2001-10-20 11:04, Louis F. Alessi wrote:
Forty Five, You're absolutely right, but most times people don't specify the belt width when ordering a holster. When the customer does in fact tell us that he has a think belt of a certain width, we make sure that the loops or slots will fit. In our case, we make our loops or slots to fit 1.5 because that is the most common size belt people use when carrying guns, but a sturdy 1.25" belt will also work with no appreciable loss in function of the holster.
Lou
Yup, I ordered my GWH with a 1.25 loop. That's what all my gun belts are, and I order all my holsters to fit the belt. The GWH is tight, but it fits perfectly. And it's one of the best designed/executed hosters I've seen.

I understand the frustration with receiving a holster that doesn't fit your belt. With me it's usually the problem of gettting a 1.5 holster because the holster maker didn't read my order, assuming that everyone wants a 1.5 holster (or, like Galco, only making some of their holsters in certain slot widths).

I have to admit, Lou's holster has the tightest belt fit that I've encountered so far. I had to thread the belt with the gun OUT of the holster the first couple of times to get it to go through. But I like that. It means that it will stay tight for years to come.

Chad

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.