Pistol Smith Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone tried any of the "closeout" belts from High Noon?

http://www.highnoonholsters.com/_Close_ ... belts.html

I ordered one the other day and it just arrived and it seems OK for 29 bucks but when I draw from it it pulls the holster up until the pistol clears leather. Do I just have to cinch it down tighter, or is this a stiffness issue?

The belt is double-thick, but one layer (the lining) is pigskin so I'm wondering if that makes it more flexible than 2 layers of cowhide. Never had a high-quality gunbelt before so maybe it's just that I don't know what to expect. Somehow, though, I just thought it'd be stiffer.

Any thoughts? Thanks in advance.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: pswann on 2001-11-15 22:44 ]</font>

·
Registered
849 Posts
The belt is probably just not rigid enough.
You might try going a little tighter if you can tolerate it without turning blue :grin:
The pigskin lining is very thin, so it doesn't offer any substance to the belt. Have you tried to 'capture' a pants loop behind the holster (OWB), or for IWB try to locate the holster next to a pants loop. That should prevent the belt from moving vertically with the holster.
Lou

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.