Pistol Smith Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
86 Posts
Depends on the gun. 22LR's are very ammo sensitive, try a bunch of different stuff. Good place to start is Eley Tenex, Federal Match(the super premium stuff, UM1 IIRC), Lapua Match and perhaps some of the RWS Match ammo if you can find it. That's if you're shooting BR50 or some other super accurate type of thing, I just normally use Federal 911 Match ammo, it's fairly cheap and works very well in my Win 52D's and my Kimber. Semper Fidelis..Ken M

G

·
I get very good accuracy from my Benelli MP95E with RWS R50 .40gr lead match loads.
FYI: through the Oehler 35p they average 1,045fps.
Champion shooters usually has it in stock and it is fairly economical a brick of 500 is only $95.00.

Champion Shooters Supply
P.O. BOX 303
42 N. HIGH ST.
NEW ALBANY, OH 43054
1-800-821-GUNS
http://www.championshooters.com

·
Registered
63 Posts
Being sponsered by Federal I am extremly biased :smile:. I don't think that Federal 900b Match ammo can be beat. Of course I am firing this ammo out of my 2 Anschutz 1827s.

And I would say give Champions Choice a call, of course I work for them occasionally :smile:. The have Eley, Federal, RWS, Lapua and some new Russian stuff that is supposed to be awesome.

1-800-345-7179

·
Registered
25 Posts
My 22's like the Federal (high-end) and CCI Green Tag best. I think your best bet is to stick to standard velocity, and shoot a variety of ammo to determine what works in your gun.
Also, having a good scope will help determine the accuracy the gun/ammo is capable of producing.

·
Registered
89 Posts
I use a High Standard Victor for steel and pins. For practice I use the Federal blue box 550rd special at Walmart for 9.97, and for matches I use CCI mini-mags. I wont use anything but CCI for matches. I usually buy 2k of the ccis from Natchez shooters supply for 2.64 per 100 in bulk. By buying 2k the shipping and total makes it a better deal than spending the nearly $4 they want for it around here. Good luck, DC

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.