Pistol Smith Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm looking at sights that might be easier than 3 Dot. Heinie has vertical dot on dot, Novak has vertical dot on bar, and Ashley has vertical dot on post. Has anyone found one configuration intuitively more usable than another? It seems the Ashley pumpkin on a post style might be the quickest easiest read.

Thanks.

·
Registered
420 Posts
I prefer the Ashley big dot Express tritium sights over all others. I have Ashley's on my two Glock 23's and on my shotgun.

Check out the article by Ashley in this month's issue of SWAT magazine.

http://www.aosights.com

·
Registered
580 Posts
On 2001-10-10 11:06, pkf wrote:
I'm looking at sights that might be easier than 3 Dot.
Thanks.
Souds like you're referring to Trit. only?

Have used all three and subjectively found Novak's with all-black rear & Trit.-dot front the "best" for own uses. Certainly depends on one's specific use, CCW, etc.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Pistolero on 2001-10-10 21:01 ]</font>

·
Registered
373 Posts
Millet 100 series adjustable, are the most versitile sights made. Buy a tritium dot front for adjustable sights from any one and put the millet on the rear. The blade portion can be swaped out. They have dot, bar, V express type, white outline, white dot, single dot. you name it. I liked certain aspects of the ashley express but don't like their buisness practices I use a meprolight front tritium dot and the millet with the v blade installed. I prefer tritium on the front only.

·
Registered
3,831 Posts
It was pointed out to me that the human eye actually allows vertical lines to align eaiser than horizontal lines. Take a look at how airport landing lights are aligned. Aircraft Carrier landing lights are in a similar pattern for a reason. Either by happen stance or by astute observation and education, the "Straight 8s" on a set of Heinie's mimic that lay out.

As was pointed out by a number of my customers, who are pilots, most of them ex military, that the US Government spent a large sum of money and a great deal of time studying how to get their planes and pilots back on the ground safely.

The ability to see and align a vertical string of dots, at speed, is inherent in the human eye.

No one has yet come up with a more versatile system to maximise the uses of a hand gun from a post and notch sight system. Add that to a vetical string of tritium dots and you have a good answer to your question.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Dane Burns on 2001-12-22 11:03 ]</font>

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.