Pistol Smith Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
580 Posts
Don't know who's "Best" but Teddy Jacoson is certainly one of the very best. Any H&K have had hasn't really needed any reliability work but with the exception of P7's, all could have benefited from one of Teddy's Superb Trigger/Action jobs!
http://www.actionsbyt.com

·
Registered
350 Posts
I'm not trying to be a dumbass here, but I owned an HK USP and to me getting a reliability package on one is kind of like getting a reliability package on a glock. I'm sure someone, somewhere has had one jam on them, but I never did, never saw it and never even heard about it. Are you having trouble with the gun or just being cautious? Again, not trying to be the devil's advocate here, just curious. I say spend the money on ammo or a course.
Jake

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I know what you mean. I also have a full size in .40 that has never had one problem. The gun I'm referring to in this post is a compact in .45. It jams on the last round with both mags, with different ammo, and not every time, only occasionally. I'm a little dissappointed.

G

·
Jake has a very good point, the USP is a pistol that is quite literally at the top of the evolutionary ladder so to speak.
It is most definitely not in need of custom gunsmithing or the "reliability" packages that are so popular among pistol tuners.

The process of customizing the gun further might actually hurt more than it will help.
The trigger/action may be an area depending on your very specific needs that an actionsmith like Teddy may be able to help you with.

Outside of the action, sight installation/replacement and refinish work can help the USP if properly performed.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Some good comments. Speaking of sights on an H&K, I have a USP 40 coming in next week. Purchased 10 days ago, but all the dealer had was the display, waiting for the next shippment.

What kind of sights comes with the USP, this is the only part of the pistol I did not look at carefully, I was more concerned with the size, controls and grip. If shootes do replace them, what do they usually go with?

Any comments will help, this is my first H&K, after many years of Glocks and other pistols.

Thanks,

77Bronc

G

·
The standard sights are generic plastic, most shooters replace them with the factory available Meprolights or Trijicon sights.

FWIW, I have found the Meprolight sights to be more durable but the Trijicon sights are usually brighter.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.