Pistol Smith Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
262 Posts
On 2001-06-06 22:23, Allan Yoast wrote:
Well, I've had several combination guns built by Novak's in .40/.357 Sig. I own one personally, and I've never put the .40 barrel back in it! It is one of the most accurate pistols I own.
Allan
Allan, when you use the .357 barrel, do you have to change magazines or will the .40 magazines work?

I've been interested in trying a .357 barrel in my BHP.40 but was never sure what else had to be changed.

Chad

·
Registered
98 Posts
Chad,
After selling several of these "combo" Hi Powers, we found that most of the followers should be changed in the factory Browning mags, along with the magazine springs. Kevin at Novaks worked this out. You might try your factory mags to see if they work. We had some that would, some that wouldn't. The other interesting thing is that we tried some MecGar brand mags that seem to work fine without any modifications. Suffice it to say that I carry the pistol with Novak tuned Browning mags, and keep MecGars for range work. The darned Browning .40 mags are getting kind of scarce and expensive.
As far as what else has to be changed in this caliber conversion, consult a good pistolsmith.
Allan

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Allan Yoast on 2001-07-09 20:25 ]</font>

·
Registered
73 Posts
I 've converted a 40 to 357Sig using a KKM barrel. Quality of the barrel is top notch. Accuracy is much improved. Pistol cycles the round flawlessly. I agree with Allan though, if you are considering this alteration, seek a competent gunsmith.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.