Pistol Smith Forum banner

Black Hills?

3K views 7 replies 3 participants last post by  evanmarshall 
#1 ·
I think this was brought up before, but does anyone know of any inet sources for this stuff? I have a found a few of the rifle loads here and there but none of the pistol loads.

#2 ·
A sales rep at Black Hills told me that they specifically discourage Internet sales, with the exception of certain lines of ammo, such as Cowboy and some rifle. They try to protect their local dealers, she told me.
Call them and they will give you nearby dealers. If none of them are close, they will give you the name of a mail order dealer in South Dakota.

#3 ·

I have heard their Blue Box (remanufactured I guess) .223 is outstanding stuff. Anyone care to comment on that?

#4 ·
Yes, the remanufactured ammo is high quality.
They sell it to their students at the Firearms Academy of Seattle (a prestigous training facility that hosts all the top trainers every year). I know for a fact that both Marty Hayes and Gila Hayes -- the proprietors -- would not sell anything that is second rate.
I have personally used Black Hills blue box .223 ammo and I have had excellent reliability and consistency.

#5 ·
Charles,

Which particular .223 load are you using? They make like 5 different loads, at least :grin:

#8 ·
recently tested a wide variety of 5.56mm loads thru my Wilson M4 and the BH remanufactured 62gr jhp was the most accurate by a wide measure. My issue Bushmaster prefers SS109 but only by the narrowest of margins

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.