Pistol Smith Forum banner

Black Ops

4K views 11 replies 8 participants last post by  MichaelOrick 
G
#1 ·
Carefully SSgt Bob Karavits stalked his target. His extensive re-training at the kinder gentler USMC Scout Sniper school under the Clinton Aministration had taught him to "feel" the target....

He knew that his 7.62mm M118 173gr match round would cause instant incapacitation.
Hopefully that did not mean death and he was no longer authorized to use the word "death".

Sliding from his hide he was surprised to see CNN watching him...Damn!

It was that darn UN/NATO public awareness policy that required notification to the host country and the posting of all ativites on foreign soil.

Twelve days of stalking ruined he now used his 9mm Sig M11 pistol and hiked home.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: David DiFabio on 2001-07-22 11:49 ]</font>

See less See more
#6 ·
I sent several guys to S/S school during the Clintoon regime, believe me, even that monkey could not pussify it to any meaningful extent. Now our ammo allotments for sustainment training....that's another story. Semper Fidelis...Ken M

#7 ·
I went through several training schools in the Army when the Clintonista's were in power, and I don't believe they had any major effect on the training or the cadre, apart from all the lame jokes. I'm from Arkansas, and so I suffered greatly :grin: . I guess I should've sued someone, wrote a book about it, and then spend the rest of my life in therapy :grin: .

#9 ·
Kinda related...

Not long ago the USAF sent it's first woman (the first woman ever?) to the USMC sniper school for a course.

Women can shoot.

The most (well, one of the most) famous sniper of World War II was the celebrated Russian Major, Lyudmila M. Pavlychenko, who was brought to Canada and the USA in 1942 for a visit because of her skill in shooting, generally credited with 309 kills of German soldiers during the siege of Stalingrad. It's unfortunate that the
Soviet communists rarely celebrated individual achievement, so what information there is on Pavlychenko comes mostly from the recollections of her comrades.

For her part, she seems to have been very modest about her service. although it's interesting to note that she had never picked up a rifle until the forces of the Third Reich made its ill-advised incursion.

"Those who live by the sword get shot by those who don't."

Above from Dean Speir's GunZone.

In the movie "Enemy at the Gates" they gave one of the women snipers her name (but killed her off).

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: MichaelOrick on 2001-08-03 22:01 ]</font>

G
#10 ·
Relax,
It is just a joke guys, only during offical UN polic actions does the UN require a briefing and OP plan in advance before authorizing covert operations.

And in all seriousness, the USMC SSS does not give out those handy little 15min timeout cards......and if they start I'm changing my alumni to a physicians organization, PTA, or something equally politically correct.

#11 ·
Sorry Michael, the woman scout-sniper you're thinking of made it through the National Guard school down in Camp Robinson Arkansas IIRC, not any of the USMC schools. Lots of good guys at Robinson, some former USMC, but it ain't the same thing. The since the S/S billet is only open to infantrymen, why send women? Semper Fidelis...Ken M

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.