Pistol Smith Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What are the pro’s and con’s on the Black T finish and the Armory Kote finish (both through the SA Custom shop)? I will need to have my 1911 refinished soon and both of these finishes have jumped out at me.

Thanks for your input,

James S.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Black-T

Black T is better by far. 4,000+ hours of resistance to salt water... plus... if the finish wears..and they all do, the exposed metal will still be corrosian resistant. That's why the SEALS and the special ops community takes up so much of Walter Birdsong's time!

Just had my Stainless Kimber done... total inside and out except bore... even the springs.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Black-T is an excellent choice. I have the slide done in Black-T and the receiver in matte Hard Chrome.

Walt is a great guy too.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Walter Birdsong

Walter does not have or need a website... you know the old saying about building a better mousetrap.

Do a search on Walter Birdsong and Black T and you will find his phone number. Walter is the only one that will answer the phone. He is one hell of a nice guy and has forgotten more about coating weapons than most of his competition knows.

He is really booked doing heavy weapons for SOCOM , the Feds and homeland security.. but he usually can fit a civilian job in.

Rich

1 - 11 of 11 Posts