Pistol Smith Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
693 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just met Bob Marvel at the Steel Challenge -- what a pleasant fellow!

First, anyone with experience with his 22 conversion kit? In person, these things look and feel SOLID!

Secondly, anyone have any experience with his custom work (I guess he was (and still is) quite the bullseye 'smith years back)?

·
Registered
896 Posts
Regarding the 22 Conv. Kit: Good stuff. Slide slightly oversize in girth, however, and won't fit into std. leather holster. Will fit in a belt slide or new Uncle Mike's kydex unit. Unit itself very accurate w/ good ammo. Accuracy w/ plinker ammo is average to slightly better than average. HTH.

·
Registered
20 Posts
I got a Marvell conversion last month. Highest quality in accuracy. Slide does not lock back on last shot. I got the steel compensator with it (not that it really needs one). The comp is available in aluminum too. I really like the way it shoots, but then I am a bullseye kind of guy.

·
Registered
693 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Hey tonerguy,
If you purchase, let him know you heard about him on this forum -- I was telling him about it and for him to feel free to chime in.

Told him all about the personalities and professionalism of all the people who post on this site. And in spite of this information, he's still interested in checking us out! :wink:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.