Pistol Smith Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a milspec Springfield .45 acp. If I have a set of low mount Bomars installed will I have to replace the factory hammer with a commander style hammer? I ask because I have been told I would have to install a new beavertail safety if I go with a commander style hammer. If I have to do all of that for a set of Bomars, I may re-think having Bomars installed.

Thanks,

Butch

·
Registered
91 Posts
I think the only reason you'd have to switch hammers is if the Bo-Mar is going to be mounted hanging way off the end of the slide. If whoever mills the slide for the sight makes sure that the blade is far enough forward I don't think the hammer will hit it. In other words, have it mounted like the top picture or even further forward. If the rear blade is hanging off the back like the bottom pic (or further) the hammer would probably hit it.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: hhsmiley on 2001-09-15 00:08 ]</font>

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.