Pistol Smith Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
581 Posts
I have a bunch of them. Great thing for the range bag.

If I see someone who is shooting lead having jams, I toss them one. Pull it through between stages and it sometimes helps.

Or, I use them to clean crap from the chamber during a big match. It keeps me from taking the gun apart.

Tom
AF Shooting Team

·
Registered
350 Posts
Love 'em. I don't use them instead of a good cleaning, but I do use them at the range right after I shoot. Squirt some stuff down the barrel and give a few pull throughs. Seems to break out a lot of the gunk right then and there before it has time to set up in the barrel, makes cleaning later on a much easier job.
Good luck - Jake

·
Registered
262 Posts
Pretty nifty doodad. I don't use 'em for regular cleaning, but they're perfect for long matches, especially if you get tight-chamber jams. Just run the snake through a couple of times and you're good to go.

Chad

·
Registered
520 Posts
I have 5, each saturated with MiliTech. I try to do the bore while it is still warm, or at least before the crud coagulates.

Won't do a thing for the rest of the gun, but they are great for the bore. Wish the .22 rifle had come in time to help break in my .223 tactical; it would have been much easier than pulling / reinstalling the bolt after each shot to treat it w/MiliTech........

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.