Pistol Smith Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Greetings,
I am about to have a 1911 pistol built by Briley. Though I have read nothing but positive reviews in the gun magazines, I would like to hear of anyone's personal experiences with the company and its pistols.
Thanks,

Gonzo

·
Registered
720 Posts
I live in Houston and have casually known Claudio Salassi since 1986 when he brought a briefcase full of extraordinary pistols to the U.S. IPSC Nationals from S. Africa. He is innovative and executes with great finesse.

If you gave him a large enough block of metal and enough files he could make you a Mercedes Gull-wing Coupe.

The company, Briley, has always been a quality outfit.

I've never shot one of his pistols, however.

·
Registered
98 Posts
IIRC, Claudio worked with Paul Liebenberg in South Africa, and they have similar styles. I have held, but never shot, a Briley pistol that he built. It was very nice. Briley did not have a pistol division until he was hired there.

·
Registered
26 Posts
I have a Briley 38Super and love it. The only FTF I ever had was in trying some very light reloads. That was my fault, not Briley. The trigger is excellant. I have nothing but good things to say about this pistol and Briley as a company. I also used them for throating my Kimber and will continue to use them for any gunsmith work I need that they are willing to perform.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Hey Gonzo:
Sorry you haven't got a lot of action on this post. I just recently gave a new home to a Briley Signature and was hoping to learn something. Only good somethings, now, though, since my money is gone. I managed to dicker the fellow down to only fifty more than his asking price (but he did chuck in a boat load of bullets and a bunch of ammo) :smile: This is my first .40 so I loaded up some of the 155 LSWC from the deal and tried them out. Took new gun (affectionately, fng) and ammo to the next uspsa match. Did OK for all new stuff, especially considering I might have pushed the envelope some on OAL. Wasn't obvious until the first UL&SC, when I thought I was going to need help (and a mallet and a vise) to get the slide back. My Bride, (our official accuracy tester) has no trouble keeping a mag full in one raggedy hole. So, based on admittedly sparse experience, I think you're in for a good experience. My Briley works well, handles smoothly and is superbly accurate. HTH

Cheers,

Norm

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.