Pistol Smith Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
628 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone own/shot one of these? If, so what do you think of the gun?

·
Registered
156 Posts
I've got one with a fixed stock and Wilson muzzle brake. Bushmasters are great rifles. The M4 needs a brake IMO due to it's light weight (7 1/4 lb with backup iron sight, Hakko reflex sight and sling). Bushmasters have chromed 1x9 barrels and mil-spec trigger/hammer pins. No proprietary/PC crap like some other brands. Good, accurate and reliable guns.

·
Registered
628 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Dbl,

Who installed the Wilson break for you? I have heard of several others doing this, more for the 'looks' factor. Are you saying the factory brake isn't adequate, or did you just go with the Wilson for asthetic reasons?

·
Registered
156 Posts
I bought a postban lower assembly and a preban M4 upper. This makes installation of the Wilson easy, just dimple the barrel threads for the set screw (about .030"), mount the brake and put a spot of weld over the screw. Buzz the bayo lug off and cold blue. Wilson will put the brake on a postban barrel for you for $80 (brake included). The Wilson is a great brake. It looks good, reduces sight disturbance during rapid fire, and works great in low light!

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: DblTap on 2001-07-26 06:29 ]</font>

·
Registered
156 Posts
BTW the Mini Y comp is outrageously loud and has terrible muzzle flash. The AK brake, while loud, is better than the Y comp. The Wilson is MUCH better than either of the above. I've used, owned or been at three gun matches (often as RO) and have seen a lot of various brakes. I'd recommend the Wilson or Cavalry Arms cav comp. I currently own and use both and have used them at night also. They are the best I've seen. I even use a Cav comp on a preban!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.