Pistol Smith Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
393 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, in perousing the local firearm emporium I came across what "could be" a great concealed carry or off duty 1911. Especially for the "elder" of us with backs that don't like heavy things placed on it all day anymore. A SIG C3 lightweight, Officer compact aluminum frame, Commander 4.25" slide. Front and back checkering, slightly extended thumb safety, decent beavertail, GI recoil assembly(which I prefer), Novak style sights(SIGS though),large ejection port. NO DECENT MAGWELL BEVEL THOUGH. All in all a good little gun at an entry level price? They wanted $750.00. Hmmm, I may just have too....

·
Registered
15 Posts
Over the last few months I've picked up 2 Sig 1911s, a Carry and a Tac Ops. Both are phenomenal shooters and digest any ammo I've tried. From the research I've done, Sig had some 1911 problems a few years ago but anything new will probably be just fine. This Tac Ops is extremely well built and very smooth in operation...

·
Registered
393 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Well, I do like my 229R. Always liked SIGS quality. So I broke down(and broke the checkbook) and made the buy. Gonna use it as an off duty gun. I have medium to smaller hands for someone 6-1 and 215 so the Officers frame fits fine.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Well, in perousing the local firearm emporium I came across what "could be" a great concealed carry or off duty 1911. Especially for the "elder" of us with backs that don't like heavy things placed on it all day anymore. A SIG C3 lightweight, Officer compact aluminum frame, Commander 4.25" slide. Front and back checkering, slightly extended thumb safety, decent beavertail, GI recoil assembly(which I prefer), Novak style sights(SIGS though),large ejection port. NO DECENT MAGWELL BEVEL THOUGH. All in all a good little gun at an entry level price? They wanted $750.00. Hmmm, I may just have too....
I saw one at a gun show the other day. I looked nice I thought. I thought the slide top was a bit out of round (flatter) compared to the orginal type 1911.
I had a Sig shape to it, it seemed.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I just bought one or the "+" series (beveled magwell, crimson trace grips, and de-burring treatment). It is amazing, I've put about 300 rds through it with no malfunctions. It is extremely accurate and easy to get back on target (that was my worry). Conceals wonderfully, it is everything I had hoped and more.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I also bought the Sig C3 with Crimson laser grips and it comes with the Smith and Alexander mag well. I have large hands and this weapon is a perfect. 29 oz and I replaced my Crimson grips with VZ Operator II grips to make a great carry piece. I have put 100 rounds thru it with a mix of ball and 230 HS and reliable and scary accurate. I agree with Sarge, nice piece and the addition of the mag well like the NH T3 makes it a great fit.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts