Pistol Smith Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

My first post. I read David D post on glock 30 having upgraded extractor. As I was having problem with my Glock 30 - couple of times failed to feed from mag loaded with one round and another time didn't extract - fired case stayed in chamber and slide stopped part way thru cycle. Anyhow called glock and finally got through to customer service - they are doing something with phone system. I got impression that person I spoke to did not really want to help. He asked what kind of ammo I was using- I said S and B 230 gr ball. He said that is bad ammo and it is "reloaded" by factory and glock has seen some blow up with S and B. I said how did they get fired cases with their headstamps to reload - he didn't have answer. I asked him about change/upgrade in glock 30 extractor - he said no change to extractor - glock however had upgraded ejector. I checked Glockmeiseter parts lists and only one extractor listed for 30 so I don't know what to think on this question. I then asked him about IMI ammo as I liked their 115 gr ball and 115 gr. JHP (samson) 9 mm. He said no good. I said why and he said dirty. I said I found strange as I had gotten good results in glock 26 and was very accurate ammo in my experience. He then said use american ammo and if you want cheap stuff use CCI - that is what glock does. I didn't say anything about aluminium cases and chambers that are not fully supported. Said thanks and good bye. Sorry for rambling post. I have two questions. Did glock upgrade extractor and could this be causing my problems. Second I was not impressed with Glock service and felt they just wanted me to go away - has anyone had similar experiences. Thanks.

·
Registered
580 Posts
If the guys name was "Doug" I can see how you got that impression.

·
Registered
350 Posts
I chose Dane to build my dream gun but I still respect Wilson Combat as a company and Wilson's, if I understand correctly, RECOMMENDS the use of S&B ball in their guns for training purposes. If wilsons says it is good enough for their guns then it is good enough for mine. If I am full of it on this someone please tell me, because right now I am of the mind that S&B is good stuff.
Comments?
Jake

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.