Pistol Smith Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just picked up my 6731 and while It's been mostly a fantastic experience the trigger pull is a bit stiff. I was under the impression you could adjust Match target triggers but I haven't a clueon how to do it. Any suggestions out there ?

·
Registered
21 Posts
Unfortunatley they don't have adjustable triggers,I know how bad they can be!! Your best bet would be an aftermarket like a JP or another brand (there are many). They are easy to install.
Steve

·
Registered
136 Posts
The trigger pull on my MT6731 absolutely SUCKED! Then I punched out the trigger and hammer pins, spun them in a cordless drill while holding steel wool on them and polished them until they were smooth. I had to polish off what looking like chunks of finish that created a lumpy surface over one of the pins.

I reinstalled them and voila, a 100% improvement. While I wouldn't put it up against an adjustable 2 stage trigger, or even an Accuracy Speaks single stage trigger (which I'd love to have in all my AR15's), it is immeasurably better. And, best of all, free.

Head over to the Maryland AR15 Shooters Site where they have great tech tips, and even suggestions on stoning your trigger (which I did NOT do -- I didn't want to go there). http://communities.msn.at/TheMarylandAR ... tsnew.msnw Also check out http://www.AR15.com.

Good luck.

·
Registered
136 Posts
You don't even really need to be all that brave with the trigger and hammer pins. Punch them out and if they're smooth, leave them alone.

On AR15.com (down for the past few days, unfortunately), the consensus is that it's a crap shoot getting a good stock trigger. Some are great. Others suck. Also, it seems that the pin polishing that I've described only seems to noticeably improve certain triggers -- likely the triggers that, like mine, have pitted finishes on the pins.

Take a punch and nudge the pins out. Take a look at them. If your trigger pull really sucks, there's a good chance it's the pins. If not, then it's probably the hammer/sear engagement, which is what I didn't have the courage to do.

If I felt the need to touch up the hammer/sear engagement points, I'd just sink $150 in an Accuracy Speaks single stage trigger. I've heard that if you were to go into battle with an aftermarket trigger, this is the one to do it with. So, it seems to make sense for home/self defense as well. Great 3-4 pound trigger pull, yet it's a single stage (like the stock) that's very durable.

Let us know how things turn out. My MT6731 isn't perfect, but the trigger pull jumped ahead of that of my preban R6530 (which is good). So I was very impressed. I'll work on this one for a few years to get my skill up and then think about that AS trigger.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
You hit on a good point Corey, and that's the fact On taking it a place where your life depends uppon it. I shoot primarily Foreign Milsurp and S&B when I cna find it cheap, and I keep hearing you don't want too light of a hammer to get past those heavy primers that may be out there. I'll let you know what te outcome is, I'm still depressed with the Rams taking it in the wazoo right now . . .

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.