219 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A decent chuckle.

Denny

http://www.washtimes.com/national/inbeltway.htm
(07/26/01)

Candy from babies

Regarding the would-you-hang-this-sign-in-your-window -- "Proud
Supporter of Gun Control. This is a gun-free home" -- item in yesterday's column, Neal Knox writes:

"Fact is, circa 1967, while I was editor of Gun Week, an anti-gun group in Chappaqua, N.Y. -- yes, Hillary and Bill's new home town -- did print a letter-sized weatherproof sign proclaiming, 'There Are No Guns In This House.'

"A lot of them were hung on houses," recalls the former editor. "After about a month, the signs all quietly came down as the word went out about the number of those Chappaqua homes being burgled and robbed."

·
Registered
70 Posts
OK...I can understand someone being mis informed about Gun Control...But sheesh...how can anyone be stupid enough to advertize to the criminals that you have no defense.

·
Registered
70 Posts
OUCH Shane...Do you think that will ever change in Canada? is there a grass roots organization that will be able to help with that?

FWIW...I think we could still squeze you into the US Shane....heck...if you come over as an ileagel...you could hope to get pardoned.

:wink:

·
Registered
58 Posts
Come come now, it's not *quite* that bad. We can still protect our homes, just not yourself outside it!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.