Pistol Smith Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
An extended hypothetical, based on recent shootings of pedestrians from a car in Missouri:

For scenario purposes, picture a normal city street/canyon, with buildings and store fronts lining both sides of the street, side streets at the end of the block (you are in the middle of the block), and the occasional trash can, sapling-in-a-pot, or light pole along the side of the street. You are armed with your normal carry weapon, and whatever else you carry on a regular basis in your off hours. For me, that would be a 1911 in an OWB, no flashlight, no extra magazine. You are casually dressed in jeans, sneakers, and t-shirt under an untucked, unbuttoned long-sleeve shirt (to conceal your weapon).

Since your wife or girlfriend (or both) is out of town, you decided to see a movie alone. The movie has just ended, and you are walking along a downtown street, after leaving the theater. It is about 10:00pm, and at the moment there are only a few people on the street, none within half a block of you, although a large group is clustered close to the theater two blocks away. You are headed toward the after-hours parking lot where you left your vehicle. You become aware that a car approaching from behind you is slowing down. You turn in time to see an arm emerge from the passenger side with a handgun pointing in your direction.

Two questions: First, what would you do under the circumstances as described? Second, how would you modify your behavior, equipment, etc. to be better prepared if there is a next time?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
On the what to carry question...

In my original message, I had in mind a flashlight, such as those made by Surefire (sp?). I understand that their beam is extremely bright. I had in mind using it to light up the car, driver, and/or passenger, so as to prevent their accurately indexing my own decrepit, but still useful, body. Never having carried or used a flashlight like this, I don't know if it is a likely possibility, or even if it is good tactics. Any other ideas?

Greg

1 - 2 of 2 Posts