Pistol Smith Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
One piece of supplemental gear worth its wait in gold is a flashlight! Sure-fire and Streamlight both make convenient carry models that light up brightly. If even these small units were to cumbersome, then you could go with a good quality keychain type light like Photon. Sure, they're not as bright as the flashlight models but in a low light situation they give you enough light to navigate and maybe more importantly to identify your target (was it REALLY a gun you saw pointed at you?). These are so small and comfortable to carry, you might as well wear one at ALL times, even in daylight (you never know when you might need it badly). That said, moving to cover IS the most important thing to do first! On a side note, I gave my girlfriend (now my wife) a small Spyderco Delica folding knife and a Streamlight Scorpion flashlight just to show her I cared. She had looked at me like I was "Tackleberry" and made fun of me till the day a tornado came through the city and she had to use the light to guide her whole office down 5 flights of stairs to safety (power out). Needless to say, I don't catch crap for that gift anymore! Sorry so long winded

1 - 1 of 1 Posts