Pistol Smith Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently attended a state IDPA match. I am positive that one of the competitors had carbon fiber grips on his 1911 Colt. The guy was having a bad day, there was no way I was going to interupt his already jam-filled day to ask him where he purchased those unique grips. Does anyone know who makes them and where they could be purchased? Does anyone have any experience with them? Hope the grips were not the culprit for this guys bad day! Thanks in advance for all who reply. Best regards Greysky

· Registered
140 Posts
I bought some from Carbon Creations. They fit very nice and are made well. I believe Dane Burns has used them and has a couple of pictures on his site that may show them on a gun. He lightly sandblasts the shiney surface and gives it a slight dull finnish that looks nice. The only problem I have noticed with mine is that I have chipped the clear finnish around the edge of mine by hitting the gun on something during some classes.

· Registered
217 Posts
I've got a set of the carbon creations on my fullsize kimber.
I have about 20k rds thru this gun with these grips on and have seen no problem whatsoever ie. cracking and so forth. The checkering is fairly sharp and does provide a good grip. Hope this helps

· Registered
122 Posts
I've been using the Carbon Creations grips for several years. They have very high compressive yield strength, which adds some measure of protection in the event of an overpressure round. The grips have good chemical resistance and wear reasonably well. I find them aesthetically very attractive.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Steve Morrison on 2001-05-23 22:15 ]</font>

· Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Sincere thanks for the information and links concerning the carbon fiber grips. Hope I can repay the favor for those who took the time to share their hard earned knowledge. It seems in life that those who know the most share the most. Will let you know how the grips perform. Best regards Greysky

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.