Pistol Smith Forum banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
418 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Given the events of the last week, I thought we needed a break. So, 1,2,3,4 . . . I declare a flame war.

I'm thinking of getting a S&W Sigma .380 with underslung laser, loaded with an alternating mix of Glaser, hardball, and hollowpoints (both standard velocity I load myself and Corbon). It will be carried on the ankle, in my sock (no need for that custom leather crap). I believe this combination will do far better than any 1911 out there, since I'll always be able to have it with me, and the price differential will allow me to purchase sufficient ammunition for training.

On second thought, training is irrelevant. According to the Strausburg tests, most of the rounds in my weapon will stop an 80 lb target in about 6 seconds, so a 160 lb man should stop in 12 seconds. Shoot him twice and he'll go down in half the time. So forget shot placement, any hit will be sufficient.

But, it really shouldn't matter. As long as I have a gun on me, I should be fine. If someone threatens me, I'll pull up the sock to show I'm "packing" and they'll run away.

Thoughts? :cool:

·
Registered
350 Posts
Why, that's the most silly thing I've ever heard in my life, putting a laser on a "sock" gun. Don't you realize that the laser will make the gun hang up on during your "speed sock" presentation. You need to get that laser a carry bevel and a black T finish, that way it won't cut up your ankle and it will keep your sock lubricated.

Besides, everyone knows a strong flashlight is what you really need....

sock carry on the flashlight is optional, but I would get the black-T and the carry bevel.

"sock" it to 'em.

Jake

·
Registered
194 Posts
Absolutely absurd.

A knowledgeable and gunny man would go with a pair of BOND ARMS U/O derringers in 45 Colt or 44 Mag with a SureFire light under the lower barrel. Ivory butts are de rigueur, of course.

·
Registered
934 Posts
HA! What an amatuer. I just take a pack of Bicycle playing cards and sharpen the edges to a razor point and then lace them with cyanide. I once took out a cape buffalo at 200 yards using one of these.

·
Registered
262 Posts
Ha! And I was feeling silly for putting Crimson Trace laser grips on my Raven .25 (can't put a SureFire on it -- the heat from the flashlight will warp the frame). Carried exclusively in homemade "Thunderwear," i.e. a jockstrap sewn into my boxers. People always wonder if I'm packing (a la the airport scene in Spinal Tap) or am just well endowed. Either way, they steer well clear.

You guys are amateurs :razz:.

Chad

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Chad Ward on 2001-09-17 14:29 ]</font>

·
Registered
50 Posts
Sigma? Pah! Let me enlighten you on my Gangsta tactics I learned from Dr. Dre videos. I'll take my Davis .25, stashed in my boxers. Can't stick it in my pants, they're pulled down too low, and any more weight added to the beeper, cell phone, and wallet with the big chain will make my pants fall off. 'Sides that, I got my switchblade stashed in my shoe. Oh, yeah, and my AK in da trunk.

Whoze got da skrillz now?

(I think I watch too much "Cops")

:roll:

·
Registered
1,580 Posts
You people are such a joke.

First, you need to start with a Mateba auto-revolver in .44 Magnum. Ream it out to .50 AE. Weld on a BOSS compensator system and top it with a Leupold Vari-X 0.5-30x90 scope mounted side-by-side with a Tasco Pro Point red dot sight. Have the trigger lightened to 4 ounces. Did I mention to re-crown the barrel and modify the cylnder for full-moon clips? Of course, the entire gun has to be hard-chromed and then Black-T coated & a set of Pachmayr Decellerators slapped on for good measure. Handload your own 500gr hollowpoints filled with Strychnine capsules and use a 50/50 mix of Nitromethane and Octol as propellent instead of that silly smokeless powder nonsense. Drill the underlug for mounting a Nd-YAg laser.

·
Registered
418 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
CB, I bow to your brilliance.

Chad, I can't carry in Thunderwear; that's where the DE .50 goes - best and only way I know to meet women. :wink:

As for "speed sock" I can't get this image out of my head of myself hopping around on one foot going "wait, wait, almost there!"

·
Registered
1,580 Posts
Did I mention that's my ANKLE gun? My main sidearm is a custom Mauser action rifle in .577 T-Rex cut down to a 10" barrel with a pistol grip. A Eritrean tribesman whittled the anatomical pistol grip from a single block of Wootimba hardwood. The backstrap of the grip is filled with a reservoir of shock-abosrbing gel developed for NASA. The barrel itself is hand-hammer-forged from an alloy of Damascus steel, Titanium and Polonium. Because Polonium is a low-level alpha emitter, it blanks out airport X-ray displays. The barrel is then ported using Mag-Na-Port's modified "Pro-Port" process typically used for shotguns. It uses proprietary 10-round curved box magazines and has 3 Weaver rails (2 on top and 1 below the barrel) for mounting a wide variety of optics, lasers, tactical illuminators and grappling hook projectors. In a concession to economy, it uses an electrical ignition system derived from the M61A1 "Vulcan" 20mm rotary cannon.

·
Registered
326 Posts
"...Custom leather crap..."
Ouch, you know how to hurt a guy!
Lou, help!!!
(How about a custom Seecamp .32 with Tasco Optima and 32 round extended magazine; ported to control excessive recoil, of course).
Safe shooting,
Mark Garrity
Garrity's Gunleather

·
Registered
418 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Would that be a knee high sweat sock or a crew sock? In either case, would it come with a retention strap?

As for the custom Seecamp, why waste the money? All that extra machining is just puffery. Get a Lorcin and spend the extra money on Steven Seagull videos. Best training you'll ever get.

(That should light things up nicely).

1 - 20 of 28 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.