Pistol Smith Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
555 Posts
I have different guns for game and carry that are mainly different in trigger weight. The purposes are different so the guns are different. I will occasionally bring our my carry gear and shoot a match that way for the practice. Nothing like a little stress to hone the skills.

·
Registered
503 Posts
Do you use your carry gun for IDPA or IPSC or do you have different guns for games and carry?

Mostly same gun (Kimber Custom Classic) but then I carry different 1911s from time to time but mostly just carry the Kimber. I have shot IPDA with a backup gun from time to time just for the practice.

Carry on,
Jim Higginbotham

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Jim Higginbotham on 2001-06-09 20:57 ]</font>

·
Registered
262 Posts
Same gun -- BHP.40. Although I do shoot different guns in IDPA on occasion just to keep things interesting.

Chad

·
Registered
241 Posts
IDPA, I shoot my box stock Kimber Classic Custom. It also serves as my carry gun. Since IDPA is a bit more realistic in some scenarios, I shoot IDPA with my stock carry gun.

IPSC, I just acquired a Para-Ordnance P14 and some High Caps, Ultimately, I'm going to have some work done on the Para that would disqualify it from IDPA competition. Since the gun would be modified for competition, I likely will never carry it,,,,,just because there are some #[email protected]@#$%! mind you not all,,,,but some attorney's out there who press every angle of an issue should I ever need to defend myself with my firearms.

Thanks,
H4444

·
Registered
253 Posts
I have 2 1911's that I carry (not at the same time) and they are the only guns I use in competition. I don't have seperate pistols for carry and games. Same guns. They are on my hip when I get to the match and on my hip when I leave.

·
Registered
581 Posts
For BUG matches, they are the same gun, a Smith J-frame Ti in 38 Special.

My carry gun has an aluminum slide and frame, so I don’t like to put a bunch of ammo through it. I maybe shoot 500 rounds through it a year. Great to carry, but a handful to shoot.

My IPSC guns have nothing to do with carry. They are about going fast and having fun. Even my Production Division/IDPA SSP gun is covered in skate tape. If the skate tape wasn’t there, it would make a great carry gun.

All of my IDPA guns would qualify as gamer guns. So would I for that matter…

Tom
AF Shooting Team

·
Registered
274 Posts
Same but different. I carry a Kimber Classic Stainless, but I compete with a Kimber Classic Stainless Target. Both are .45's and both were worked on by the same smith. I found that I could shoot a 1911 quite well in competition, so might as well carry one as well.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.