Pistol Smith Forum banner

Caspian 9x23

3K views 7 replies 8 participants last post by  BK 
#1 ·
This is my latest project. I bought a 9x23 Caspian upper off the forum that was in dire need. The frame sides were ground with a disc sander,the rear sight was hammered in and they missed half of the time and peened over the cocking serrations. I blocked the slide and refiled the serrations then cold blued it until I decide how to finish it. The Nowlin barrel had the lower lug ground off,it had to be welded and refit and the locking lugs were .030 deep, not quite deep enough for the 9x23(IMO). The hood was to long to allow lock-up and the barrel ramp was rounded and had to be reground and polished flat. I also opened the chamber to match the other chambers in my other 9x23's with Bar-Sto barrels. The extractor had to be shaped and tuned along with the firing pin stop that didn't allow the pin to move. When I was done with the slide I mated it to a Government frame for now until I can decide whether to put it on a Commander frame or an officer frame. What do ya think?

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: jm10mm on 2001-05-12 13:29 ]</font>

See less See more
#6 ·
This begs a question: WHO was the Neanderthal who mutilated the upper in the first place? :sad: They should have stayed with making stone axes.

Grock: the first Glock, 10,000 B.C.

Mall Ninja: aka Covert Mission (aka Patrick Downs)

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Mall Ninja on 2001-05-14 00:44 ]</font>

#7 ·
Put it on an officers bottom end. Just hack off the mags at officer’s length and weld on the bases. Easy fix. Takes all of 15 minutes each.

I think Commander slides look good on Officers frames. You only loose one round and you still keep the velocity of a commander.

Good luck to you.

Tom
AF Shooting Team

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.