Pistol Smith Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Dear members,
This may be posted in the wrong area, if that is the case, I apologize. You are the only folks that I can turn to with this type of question.
I was at a gun show this past Sunday and found a Caspian frame and slide (full size grip, 4.25 barrel). Frame is checkered (30 lpi), Novak sights black on black, Ed Brown grip safety, Smith & Alexander mag well, trigger is about 3.75- 4.0 lbs, barrel is Nowlin 45cal. Finish is blue. Cosmetically perfect. This weapon was purchased from a collection of guns from a gunsmith in default in the Arkansas area (name unknown).
What is this weapon worth or what is a fair price to pay? I seem to remember that a gunsmith that posted frequently over at 1911forum.com lost his business in that area.

mark crawmer

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Gents,
I don't know the name of the pistolsmith in question but I do recall the situation concerning Mr Clark (Steve). That being said the work on this particular pistol is very nice. What I am trying to ascertain is if the weapon is worth $800.00??

mark crawmer

·
Registered
3,831 Posts
Caspian makes some of the best frames and slides available. Some say the best. Parts are good. Cosmetics perfect? Sounds like it is easily worth $800. But you are the guy looking at it, so buyer beware!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.