Pistol Smith Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
I've looked at the vests offered by CCC several times trying to convince myself that concealment was worth being a fashion pariah :smile:. Never took the plunge and now I'm glad I didn't. At Gunsite's online pro-shop, they are selling the Orvis Travel Vest, which looks much better to my admittedly biased eye, and is long enough to conceal an OWB carried handgun -- plus it is $20.00 less expensive than buying direct from Orvis!

I called Orvis, and they told me the vest measures 31" from the bottom of the back collar to the bottom edge of the vest (for the size 42 regular), which is one inch longer than the hawaiian shirt I am wearing which does a great job of concealment.

I ordered mine today, olive in color. They also have stone and khaki colors. Gunsite's website is: http://www.gunsite.com and Orvis is http://www.orvis.com.

Greg

·
Registered
628 Posts
What about the Royal Robbins vests? Anyone tried these?

·
Registered
79 Posts
Greg Stephens said what a lot of us have felt. Unfortunately, there is nothing pretty about CCC vests even if they are functional.

Aside from the places mentioned, I have also checked eBay on a regular basis under cargo vest, safari vest, photo vest, photographers vest, camera vest, travel vest, expedition vest, explorer vest, shoot vest, shooter vest, shooting vest, and various camera names with the word vest. Somewhere in there, you will find some good choices that are not run of the mill. I have a couple of vests made by companies I never heard of that are quite handy, conceal well, and were really inexpensive. The big bonus is that they are not a pariah to wear!

·
Registered
628 Posts
Was looking thru the 2001 Shooting Catalog that I got in the mail today from Cabela's and they have a vest that looks almost exactly like the Orvis vest for about 1/2 the price. Is anyone familiar with this? Its not shown on their website, or I'd post a link so you guys can take a look.

·
Registered
628 Posts
I took a closer look at the Cabelas Safari Vest, even going so far as to compare the picture of it side by side with the Orvis, and they look IDENTICAL right down to the last detail. Makes me wonder if the Cabelas piece is actually MADE by Orvis and relabled for Cabela's. Anyone know one way or another?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.