Pistol Smith Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
418 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Pardon the possibly stupid question, but here goes. Until recently, I've been carrying a spare mag in my off-hand pocket. However, I'm putting together a real carry rig for Kimber and wanted to know what the best style of mag carrier is (i.e. single, double, SOS, upside down with a twist). I'm planning on carrying a couple of spares.

·
Registered
48 Posts
I don't have an overly developed waistline, so my preference is for the type of double mag carrier with belt loops fore and aft like a pancake holster. They snug the mags up nice and tight to the body. When more than two spares are carried, Blocker clip-on singles are used. They work well because you can clip on as many as you can carry and the clip holds tight. If your waistline is expanded a bit, and you want a double carrier, then those with the loop on the back will work better than the above mentioned type. IMO, singles are the most versatile carriers you can have.

·
Registered
515 Posts
The Sparks #34 is the best double mag pouch going. It is quite compact and can be worn either on the belt or between the belt and trousers (the mags face opposite directions, so the front mag is properly facing "bullets forward" in both carry modes).

This pouch is not cataloged by Sparks any more, but it is available on request.

Rosco

·
Registered
580 Posts
Don't know how Lou does his singles but his Snap-On Double with adj. tension is Superb.

·
Registered
515 Posts
Lou's snap-on singles are as nice as any on the market. A double is comforting with a single-stack though.

Tony and the crew at Sparks make a really neat snap-on single that rides higher than normal. He makes a double in the same style, but I prefer the older #34. Tony also offers pocket magazine holders, in case Buzz has gotten used to that mode and would just prefer something to protect and stabilize the magazine in his pocket (I'll skip the obvious "...or are you just glad to see me" joke. :wink:

Rosco

·
Registered
418 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Rosco, I can't believe you said that. Do you think I'm the type of guy who would stoop to such tactics, or would need to? I'm shocked, shocked!

Now, where did I put that Thunderware holster for my Redhawk?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.