Pistol Smith Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
414 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone using a Cen-Dex kydex IWB holster?

·
Registered
84 Posts
Well, I'm not using their IWB, but can attest to their quality. I have used a regular straight-drop holster for a 1911, and have no complaints. It has survived two shooting schools, but the straight drop is not the best for concealed weather until heavy jacket weather.

I think their IWB would be fine, but I have learned to dislike kydex IWB. This is definitely a personal thing, as several of my cop-buddies prefer kydex IWB as it is much thinner than leather. For me it is just a comfort thing, I prefer dealing with the thickness of leather for it's comfort vs. kydex. Kydex, to me, is about as comfortable as wool underwear in August. Once again, just me. I say give them a try. They've got a good deal on a Wilderness belt, mag pouch and holster of your choice, for around $100. I have come to learn that other than (some) cops, and a few gun-folk, most people don't notice the Wilderness belt. I wear it w/jeans and RoyalRobbins, and dress mostly in an outdoors, casual type anyway. Any other time (khakis, w/boots, etc...) I got a couple different leather belts. I guess this isn't really what you asked though, hmmmm...it's 1455 hrs, and I worked all night, what do ya want... :wink:

Eric

·
Registered
552 Posts
Have Frank's Kydex for 3 different pistols and have had excellent use and function from same. He makes top-quality hand made gear.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.