Pistol Smith Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone had an opportunity to examine the range of Charter 2000 revolvers. The design looks interesting, and the price is right, but I've yet to find anyone who's examined one

· Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Bullet44

They are certainly attractively priced, and I like the fact that the new 38 model is all stell, yet only weighs about the same as a Taurus Total Titanium. Charter 2000 calim 16 oz.

I was looking at the 11oz S&W guns, but these are very expensive - probably get mugged just for the gun !

· Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for all the input fellas.

I'm looking for a gun for pocket carry. I currently use an SP101, which goes down great in jeans, but is too heavy at 25oz to drop into your suit jacket or trouser pocket !

The S&W Ti guns look good at about 11oz BUT they are expensive (and look so pretty I'd hate to scuff one)

I looked at taurus Total Titanium and found that they weigh in at 16oz - the same as the Charter 2000 38 - and it's all steel !

The list price on the stainless, bobbed hammer, charter is under $260. I may be able to get one for about $225, which is not bad.

My wife's Ladysmith is 14.5oz and it feels ok in the jacket pocket - so perhaps this 16oz Charter will too.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.