Pistol Smith Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
They sell less-lethal ammunition to the civilian market.

http://www.safegun.org/

They might be interesting for training use. I don't agree with all their logic, however.

For example:
The STUN round also has great application for animal control, as a means of non lethally chasing away problem animals. A loud band [sic]and a jolt of pain can have a positive and long lasting effect on keeping problem animals away. We have heard from dealers out west that there is a bear problem in Colorado this year. Our STUN round has enough zip to convince problem animals to go elsewhere.
Anyone feel like shooting a bear with non-lethal rounds???

Tom

· Registered
24 Posts
I think that you would probably be O.K. shooting the bear with this ammo, but just to be safe you might want to wear body armor made of beef briskets.Maybe we can get Rosie O' to test this theory, if it didn't work at least all we lost is some brisket.:smile:

· Registered
1,355 Posts
All kidding aside. In Colorado Springs, my home, there are areas backed up to the wilderness that are "highways" for all kinds of game animals...Unfortunately, those that are raised in proximity are losing or, have already lost the fear and desire to avoid man...I would love to have some of these to "reteach" them the proper respect that we should pay each other. The deer, bear, and mountain lions, deserve the chance to live out their lives as something other than "garbage can and pet raiders"...Perhaps the DOW would agree to test some for use in areas such as this...I also have friends that have the same problems in and around Pueblo. My guess is that many of us would prefer to try this than the alternative. I have a lot of respect for wildlife, just not enough to sacrifice my safety for them to have free reign in populated areas...

..!...then, we fight in the shade!..

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: gyp_c2 on 2001-06-21 03:10 ]</font>

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.