Pistol Smith Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
579 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Read a post about using a chest holster for G-29 or 30 (could be any size for tucked in shirt wear. Any information or experiance? Or just go ankle (what diamater pant cuff) or just a "mouse gun" in the pocket? Thanks Mike :cool:

·
Registered
373 Posts
I carried a Glock 30 for years, but I can't imagine putting one on my ankle. I had a G-26 on my ankle, and I thought that this often times pushed the envelope of utility. Trouser legs are bigger now, especially on jeans, so maybe it is viable.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Chris Oslin on 2001-05-21 01:16 ]</font>

·
Registered
579 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Sorry about that! The ankle was for 26 or sp101 3" or tp-22. Was wondering about the term "chest holster" or does it mean the belly band type? Thanks for the reply Chris. Best ... Mike

·
Registered
184 Posts
Mike,

I'm A Lot thinner than Chris and I live with a G-26 in one of Lou's ankle rigs and love it. The only real chest carry rigs I'm aware of are those which attach to concealed body armor. There is the option of the old tankers rig but that is not a concealment rig.

Rob

·
Registered
68 Posts
IMA offers a chest holster that was introduced during WWII, it is not available on their website, but you can find it in their ads in Gun List. My father wore one in Vietnam and will be picking one up shortly for CCW use since he cant use a belt holster.

·
Registered
103 Posts
My wife and I took a class at COMTAC last year. One of the instructors started talking about concealment. He was a fairly big guy. We were both shocked when he pulled out, not one, but two 5" 1911's from under his pull over shirt. He was wearing a chest holster. Not a bellyband. Don't know which one.

If your interested, you can go to the COMTAC web site and ask. His name was Ed Sanchez.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.