Pistol Smith Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently sent a Kimber Stainless Classic to Clarks for the works, Meltdown, ect, ect. The gun looks and shoots great. Anyone on the forum have any experience with Clark

·
Registered
103 Posts
My experience was not as good. Had a Meltdown on a P13. Could never tell if it was the gun or their work, but it was never totally reliable. They were willing to take it back under warranty as many times as I wanted to send it, but cost started to out weigh the results.

·
Registered
1,420 Posts
That's really a shame...They are one of the 1911s "supersmiths" from way back...I have no idea how many generations of smiths are in the family now...has to be third generation...They were in a lil' tiny place out in the boonies when I grew up around there...I guess they still are...Those guys work on quite a few different types of weapons as I recall...1911s, revolvers, rugers of ALL kinds, geez...

·
Registered
103 Posts
I guess you win some and you lose some. I know they didn't get their reputation by putting out so-so guns.

Well, I sold the P13 and stuck with single stacks. Don't believe I'll ever look back.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.