Pistol Smith Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
272 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just bought a couple of synthetic Remington 1100's. What does everyone suggest for cleaning off the packing goop they have on/in them? Then...lube them back up with what?

·
Registered
1,815 Posts
I've got a new Remington Police 870 coming. Remington's law Enforcement site:
http://www.remingtonle.com
Says that their parkerized guns have cosmolene sprayed on them since they don't know how long they may be stored. They recommend spraying a HEAVY, DRIPPING coat of Rem-Oil on the metal, inside, and out. Let soak for 1/2 hour or so, and wipe down with a cloth. Sounds reasonable.

·
Registered
272 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the info.

I tried the remington way. It didn't seem like it was going to work real well.

So...I got out the "Simply Green", squirted everything down, went over it with a toothbrush, and then ran the parts under HOT water in the shower.

All peices are now clean as a whistle...and soaking in Rem oil, waiting to be wiped down and put back together.

·
Registered
12 Posts
I have used Kleen Bore's Gunk-Out. Diassemble and spray all metal work. This will remove ALL grease and oil. Then lightly spray Break Free CLP (Cleaner/Lubricant/Preservative). Wipe them again and use oil(Wilson's Universal Lube, WD40) or grease(Wilson's Ultima-Lube)on metal to metal moving/touching parts. Don't over do it.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.