Pistol Smith Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought a 1991-A1 for which I would like to obtain some information. The gun is stock, with these exceptions: an extended ambi safety, a Commander-style hammer and beavertail grip safety...all appear to be Wilson parts. Purportedly, this is all factory Colt. Has anyone had experience or knowledge about a gun such as this?

I obtained the box for this gun and it is called a 1991 A-1 LCM (Limited Class Model). The parts are Ed Brown, not Wilson. The barrel is fitted loose and I can take almost the whole gun apart without tools and it has plain Colt fixed sights...but even with a 8-9 lb. trigger pull, it shoots under 2" groups at 20 yards and works every time. Aside from a trigger job, I think I will leave it alone.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Colt produced what they called a Tactical level I model with the features you describe. I had a factory stock level II which added Heinie sights and fancy grips to the level I features. I've heard mention of a tactical level III which had Bomars rather than the Heinie sights, but have never seen one of those. I,ve also seen a NIB from Colt 1991A1 With factory Bomars,but no other upgrades that I could see. AS I recall, it was only about $50.00 more than a standard 1991A1. I think these were all limited runs.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Allen, if you don't mind my asking, how much did the Tactical Level II cost? My local range/gun shop has one with a $1,600.00 price tag. The owner says he'd be willing to hear an offer, but I don't know what it should be worth. It's a beauty and I'd love to have it for the right price.

·
Registered
244 Posts
In the Blue Book the 1911a1 Tactical Gov't Level 1 is listed as "Commander style hammer, beveled mag well, nylon mainspring flat, ambis. long nylon trigger with overtravel, msr $730 100%-$640 98%-$560
has a side note that in late 1999 model was redesignated the model o custom tactical gov't
Level II, similar to level I, with videcki long trigger, heine's, Colt match grade barrel bushing, high ride safety with palm swell and double diamond stock, introduced in 1998 w/msr $935 100%-825 98%-$750
Level III, similar to III with Bo-mars and super match hammer, introduce 1998 msr$1350
100%-$1150 98%-$1025
The current 1991a1 with videcki triggers and bo-mars and thru lew horton dist and I have seen them $50-$100 more depending on where you see them, but are not custom shop guns.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Colt 1991A1 Custom Shop Gun? Not sure

I've got the same gun (basically). Mine has the ambi-safety, commander hammer, full beavertail and a 3holed adjustable trigger. Other than these items, the gun looks like any other 1991A1.
I bought this gun from a local gun store. The owner said she sold the gun new in 1998. The gun was traded for something else. I got it a couple weeks ago for $849. The box lists this as Colt 01991 LCM (Limited Class Model).
I called Colt and basically all they told me was the gun was built in 1998. The gun is in very good shape and does not appears to have been shot. If anybody can help me find information on this gun, I would appreciate it very much.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.