Pistol Smith Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
While I know that the barrels fitted to enhanced series 80 Colt's are not interchangeable with non-enhanced models, I can't seem to remember what physical changes account for the difference. How has the barrel hood, lockup, and/or lug area been altered? Why were these changes made? Unfortunately, owing to my assignment abroad, I don't have an unmodified Colt handy for a visual comparison; hence the question.

My real purpose is to identify what issues (if any) must be confronted when retrofitting one of these enhanced Colts with a match barrel from the likes of Bar-Sto or Kart. Is anyone here familiar with this process?

Chuck

·
Registered
139 Posts
The enhanced models use the Gold Cup style (narrow width) hood. They are otherwise the same as standard Colt barrels.
When you get back to Mother Rucker, look me up. We can get some shootin' in at Tri States or down at my range.

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
BBBBill,

Thanks for the refresher! This does sound more familiar to me now.

When you get back to Mother Rucker, look me up.
The one absolutely sure thing about being an Army aviator is that (1) either you recently came from Rucker, or (2) you're probably going to be on your way back soon. I fall into the former category at the moment, but I'd be delighted to drop you a line the next time I'm in U.C.L.A. (the Upper Corner of Lower Alabama). I just may have a few places to go and take of some business first ... like anywhere than ends in -stan. :grin:

Chuck

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.