Pistol Smith Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have recently aquired the above gun in 45 ACP. It is a Series 70. I have plans to make this gun into a Limited 10 gun and also to use it in IDPA. I want a magwell that will give me the maximum opening without changing the exterior profile of the grip. What fits this criteria best?

·
Registered
156 Posts
S&A, Brown, Wilson's, all make good mag wells and the differences aren't very obvious to me.

Wilson does offer a magwell that attaches using two hooks that slip over the lower grip screws/bushings. If you use this with anything except pliable rubber grips (a la the ones Colt used on the enhanced guns), you'll have to modify the grip panels, and I suggest against it.

Wilson does make another mag well and checkered mainspring housing that allows you to remove the mag well if you like (it's retained by the cross pin that also retains the mainspring housing in the frame). I've been pleased with it. I think Brown offers a similar system, and the method of retaining the mag well is different (uses a hex head screw, less secure in my book, but easier/quicker to remove).

SF

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.