Pistol Smith Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just purchased a colt lt. wt. commander $425.00 (great buy) last week. Upon breaking down the pistol for cleaning and evaluation and reassembly I have a couple of questions:
1. slide to frame fit at the rear - the slide sits on the frame approximately 1/16" forward - is this acceptable or is cycling/feeding problems possible?

2. The barrel link pin will falls out easily - when assembling, I can hear it moving which makes assembly difficult - replace pin or "swage" the ends to ensure it staying in place?

3. I replaced the MSH spring with new 18 lb (wolff) and the hammer was next to impossible to pull down. I replaced the original, what pound should be used?

4. After cleaning and re-assembling I inserted a mag with 3 rounds to test feeding and ejection by manipulating the slide. The rounds would jam and/or not eject. The jammed round is at an angle with the nose to the right and primer end to the left. It is jammed tight enough that I have to push the round while holding the slide back.

Some of the questions may be irrelevent since I have not test fired the pistol. Any answers is appreciated, Nelson.

· Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Shane,
Thanks for the response. I thought about the hammer strut not being seated properly after I put in the original spring. I went and checked the spring wt. - they are 23 lbs. Probably a little too strong. I'm hoping to shoot this evening or sometime this week. I'll plan on ordering a new link/pin. Thanks, again. NLS

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: drnls on 2001-05-29 09:03 ]</font>

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.