Pistol Smith Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm not up to speed on the 38 super. Any help would be appreciated. I have the opportunity to buy a blue pre series 80 lw in 99% condition for $650.oo.Is this a good deal? Is this a decent carry caliber? If this was a 45acp I would have bought it. Besides sights,beavertail,BCP ignition system,what else would I want to consider as far as upgrading? Do i need to worry about the frame using 38 super.The gun is surprisingly tight now. Thanks in advance for any opinions or recomendations.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: E5MC on 2001-11-03 17:12 ]</font>

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Come on guys,I bought the gun,now what do I do? I could not pass up the deal after seeing what the dealers were charging for Colt's at the WAC show today.

·
Registered
46 Posts
I am in agreement with .38 Super CC.

I purchased a 70 series CC that has the lighted slide.

After a complete take down for inspection and cleaning it checked out functionaly safe. I changed out the recoil and firing pin springs//I kept them//. Shot 200 rounds of carry ammo for reliability of gun and magazines. I began carring the gun as is and am delighted.

IMHO you would do well to bring this pistol along in as stock condition as is possible to get to know it before changing it.

Ammo is available in HP and ball in various bullet weights. You can even custom load .38Super to minor power rating for a softer shooting practice round. Eather way it is a fine cartridge. Best of luck, Calthrop.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: calthrop on 2001-11-04 01:50 ]</font>

·
Registered
3,831 Posts
Buy it before I find out where it is at :grin:
38 Super is a good gun and 11rds in a 1911.

Dick Heinie has at least one that I know of as did Frank Hammer and I have several.

Call that a CLUE :grin:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.