Pistol Smith Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just purchased a Colt Series 70 Commander in 9mm. Serial number indicates it was produced in either '73 or '74. The extractor is completely visible from end to end minus a 1/4" or so at the breech face and at the rear of the slide.
Have experience with Series 70 guns in 45acp but have never heard of this previously, as this is my first 1911 in 9mm.
Can anyone provide some insight? Will residue build up, etc. effect performance.
Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
3,831 Posts
It is a factory defect and either Richard Heinie or I will be happy to purchase it from you so you're not injured...at half your purchase price of course :grin:

Actually it was how they lightened the slides on the early guns and will pose no problem....other than keeping your astute buddies from trying to steal it from you :wink:

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the offer...
Do you still want it since Joe Bonar at Novak's did a substantial amount of work on it...:lol:

It's for my girlfriend's b-day. I ordered another one nib with the exact same work.

·
Registered
580 Posts
Can the uninformed assume 70 Series Colt Cmdr's & Gvmt's in 9mm are fairly rare & desireable as "Shooters"? TIA

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.