Pistol Smith Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, after 1000 rounds, I have decided that my hand does not like the Caspian dorsal type grip safety that came standard on my XS GM.

One: the point at the bottom of the safety pushes too much into the meat in the web of my hand. This makes me think that I do not need a safety with a bump or "memory pad" but could also just be the fact that the GS kinda forms a point due to the dorsal.

Two: I feel that I shoot better with my thumb on the safety. With this safety the web of my hand gets stretched tightly against the underside of the portion of the beavertail that the hammer sits in. After 40 or so shots, it starts to get tender. A higher grip should relieve this problem.

So...I am looking for a new grip safety. I will consider getting it installed by a smith, but I would like some input on two scenarios:

1> A grip safety that will solve my problems that I can fit myself.

or

2> A grip safety that will solve my problems that will get fit by a smith.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: SBLars on 2001-07-16 02:22 ]</font>

·
Registered
849 Posts
I had the same problem with my XS, and Dane fitted it with a Wilson (I believe) beavertail, and blended it beautifully. It's much better feeling in the hand now. Look for the post under custom guns, "Just another Blaster" back about 6 weeks ago. There are some great pictures.
Lou

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Lou.

Great looking pistol. I can't wait until I find a job and will know where I will be living so that I can commission a BCP for myself.

I guess for now I will install the Wilson unit myself.

More suggestions welcome.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the info Lou.

Last time I was in Buffalo was for a rugby match, and it doesn't look as though my first job prospect has panned out in Syracuse. So... I will most likely be in CT, VA, MA, or CA since they seem to be rich in the types of companies that would have my dream job.

My GWH holster is great by the way, now I just need to scrounge together the cash for a new belt!!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.