Pistol Smith Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a USP .45 Expert and I like the accuracy of the pistol. I was thinking if I go into battle I might want to take my own firearm. If I get a standard USP .45 and replace the barrel with one that has an o-ring for improved accuracy is this worth it? I believe Bar-Sto makes a replacement barrels. The expert is to long and the adjustable sight would be too fragile.
Any other ideas for upgrade, please be reasonable no grenade launcher attached to the rails. :wink:
Thanks for the responses!

·
Registered
59 Posts
If you are going with a Bar-Sto barrel, you can have Irv Stone oversize the muzzle end instead of an o-ring groove. According to Bruce Gray, he has not found any accuracy improvement with or without the o-ring.

·
Registered
581 Posts
Best idea is leave it behind. Two pilots in our squadron got nailed in Saudi with personal firearms and it was real ugly.

I really hate the M-9 and I am not taking a personal firearm. Hell, I am the Loadmaster and I know where to hide things...

Tom
AF Shooting Team

G

·
I would agree but I would not bring a personal weapon, a personal knife yes.
But listen to Tom on this one FWIW.

The USP is a combat weapon, it can be made to do other things but it is out of the box a combat weapon.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Tom and David,
Thanks for the heads up. I know I would be pushing it by bring it. But how do Generals get away with it? I guess if you’re GO you can do what you want :wink:

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: HET on 2001-09-17 14:24 ]</font>

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.