Pistol Smith Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
260 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well Gents, my Glock 19 and I parted company this afternoon. While the Glock has always appealed to my logical side, it just never felt "right". You know, 1911-ish. I won't even go into the 9mm-vs-.45 ACP debate. Anyway, I swapped it (and three high-cap drop-free mags) for a brand new polished-blue Loaded Springfield 1911A1 in .45 ACP. The quality of this particular gun is leaps and bounds over the last Springfield I owned, which was about ten years ago. The last one was loaded alright; with sharp edges and gunsmithing that needed to be done! This one appears to be ready to go right out of the box. Sure, there are a few things that I will change, but nothing major. One thing that definately won't need to be done is a trigger job. Right out of the box, this little beast had a measured, consistant THREE POUND trigger pull! If anything, I will have someone bump it up a pound or so.

I've only fired 50 rounds of PMC ball so far, but the results look promising. I was getting hand-held groups around two inches at 50 feet (the max limit of this particular range). I am eager to see what it will do over sand bags at 25 yards with Federal Match ball.

Every once in a while, it does your heart good to actually have a product perform above your expectations.

Wayne Miller
WA

·
Registered
73 Posts
Congrats on the new Springfield...I wish I had a lot of Glocks. That way I could swap them for some 1911's.

I quote a few S&W firearms...and recently just traded a Model 908 with 7 mags for a Colt 1991A1 (stock so it needs plenty of work).

I think you are definately on about the 3# pull, a 4-6# pull is just enough for a self protection firearm. Anything less will most assuredly land you in the "line of fire" in a courtroom.

Keep me posted how it continues to shoot.

Lenny

·
Registered
1,610 Posts
On 2001-07-31 07:12, CoyoteACP wrote:
...and recently just traded a Model 908 with 7 mags for a Colt 1991A1 (stock so it needs plenty of work).
Needs plenty of work? Not necessarily. Depends what you intend to use the gun for. A LOT of 1991A1's are reliable right out of the box.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.